Jon Pennington wrote:

<snip>

> Modularize it!  Things like ethernet cards, sound cards, and PPP <snip>

Sorry, I didn't read through all of the thread's articles, but I think
this has not been mentioned. Security. Modules are a security risk,
because you can put _anything_ in another one's kernel.

Apart from that: What's the reason for using modules on a 128M RAM AMD
K6-2 300 machine?? (If you don't need multiple dummy devices :-)

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    http://marc.mutz.com/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)