On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Simon Taplin wrote:

> I know that xwindows has the ability to have a virtual screen, ie the
> screen can scroll but I didn't set it up when I installed RH6.0 What
> file do I need to edit to change the option so I do get this?

in /etc/XF86Config or /etc/X11/XF86Config, add a line
Virtual 1600 1200
(or whatever) after the "Modes" line in
SubSection "Display"
(there may be more than one of these)

RH6 probably also has a control panel that lets you do this.

Frank

> Thanks
> Simon
>
> ICQ:15774994
>      Diskette Maintenance Tip - #02
>         Diskettes should be cleaned and waxed once a week.
>         Microscopic metal particles can be removed by waving a
>         powerful magnet over the surface of the disk. Any
>         stubborn metallic shavings can be removed with scouring
>         powder and soap. When waxing the diskettes, make sure the
>         surface is even. This will allow the diskette to spin
>         faster, resulting in better access time.

HI! I'm a .signature virus! cp me into your .signature file to help me spread!