I now have two hosts called 'pooh' and 'eeyore'. When I can get my hands on
some cheap hardware, in time, I plan to add tigger, piglet and maybe also
owl and rabbit even later. I want to network these machines and get a
domainname registered. I plan on naming my soon to acquire domain
'100akerwood' ;-). However, I have this gut-feeling that might give
problems.

So, I've been reading several RFCs to find out what the limits are for a
hostname or domainname. I understand that beginning a name with a numerical
character is discouraged. However, I can't find an authoritative
specification for maximum host/domainname length and allowed characters. Who
will point me to the information?

Thanks In Advance, TTFN!
--
Maurice Hendrix

snailmail: Fuji Photo Film BV                Standard disclaimers apply
           Dept. P1LPI
           attn. M. Hendrix
           PO Box 90156
           5000 LJ  Tilburg
phone: +31 13-579 1370     or fax: +31 13-579 1385

- This environmentally friendly message came to you with the aid of 100%
recycled electrons.