----- Original Message -----
From: Jackall Linuxfreak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Richard Salts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 1999 5:21 AM
Subject: Re: Kmail's capabilities

> * Richard Salts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >    Can Kmail do the following:
>
> Who knows, who cares.  KDE is crap.
>

> >    Open up mail that is in digest format and even separate individual
> >    messages that can then be read individually?
>
> This is but only one of the many many things that procmail and formail
> will do for you.
>
> man procmail
> man formail
>
> You never know, you might learn something
>
> >    When a URL is included in a post, can that URL be activated from
> >    within Kmail like it can be done in Windows Eudora and Outlook
> >    Express?
>
> I'd be surprised if it couldn't.  BTW, did you bother to try these
> things out before you asked these questions?

Well, um, whoever you are, I did not know these things,  procmail, formail
even existed until you brought them up.  I'm running RH6.0, the bought boxed
package.  Are these included therein?

That's why I am asking these questions!  I am a 'newbie' and I'm asking so I
can understand more.  Understand that?

If you know something about these programs, could you share with me your
knowledge of them?  It might help me to know more about them.

Richard