"MURRAY, Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Hi guys
> > how could i convert a postcript file to pdf or text?.
>
> Short answer is that it is theoretically impossible. Postscript is a full
> programming language rather like Forth (anyone remember Forth and HP
> calculators?). It's basically not possible to know what a chunk of code in
> any language is going to do without running it (in some fashion).

Gulp.  I hope you meant practically impossible.  It is theoretically simple, just 'run
it' and output the results to pdf.  In a sense that is exactly what Ghostview does.

Get Ghostview and find ps2pdf.  Try http://wino.physik.uni-mainz.de/~plass/gv/

rw2

--
Logically, life must be possible in the Universe.
Else you would not be here.