In my /proc directory I have a bunch of files and they are nearly all '0'
bit except one; and it is LARGE. Here is what I see (in part)..

-r--r--r--   1 root     root            0 Aug 24 08:36 interrupts
-r--r--r--   1 root     root            0 Aug 24 08:36 ioports
-r--------   1 root     root     134221824 Aug 24 07:55 kcore
-r--------   1 root     root            0 Aug 23 22:15 kmsg
-r--r--r--   1 root     root            0 Aug 24 08:36 ksyms

Kcore is over 134 megs large, and it really does occupy this much space.
Does this appear normal. Why is this file so large? How do I reduce it or
kill it?  I tried booting things up with rescue disks and then deleted
that file. I then rebooted normally and it was back. It just seems odd to
have such a large file there which I never noticed before. And of course I
would like to recover that drive space.

Any thoughts?

--
Ted Gervais <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>