On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 09:43:15AM -0400, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Alfred Frank wrote:
> > Hello, i am looking for help:
> > My netscape crashes after reading some mails or news with this error
> > message: out of memory.
> > I have it from SuSE 6.1 (i think this is Netscape 4.51?), I have 64Mb
> > mainmemory and 128MB swap.
> > Thank you in advance.
> >
> Upgrade to 4.6 or 4.61. IIRC, the "tarball" version comes
> out as 4.6. You may be able to find an RPM version from
> SuSE. It is my experience that 4.51 is unstable.
>       John

I think netscape isn't stable at all. A few months ago, before I used mutt, I
read my email with netscape, and I read news with netscape. It crashed too
often! I use mutt for mail now and I don't read news any longer (slrn is bad
IMHO too, but not unstable). I think netscape is quite a bad program, I hope
the opensouce version will grow as quickly as possible.

regards,
Gerrit.
--
Unix is easy: type 'man man' and the rest comes of itself.