I can use Win95 to call my Unix machine (using the telephone connections

in "My computer" ). When I have logged in using the terminal window and
done "su root" I can start pppd, but still I cannot access my Linux
system
with a web browser from Win95.

There seems to exist some kind of connetion as Windows does not give
any error messages and the connect-window gets minimized...

I'm using
        pppd /dev/ttyS1 56700 connect chat crtscts defaultroute modem
noipdefault
in Linux, and in windows I have only TCP/IP -protocol in use (no
IPX etc)

Where and how should i  define the ip-adresses? There are no domain name
servers in
this two-computer network.

Ralf Strandell