From:   Martin Krzywinski[SMTP:physics.ubc.ca!martink]
Sent:   Tuesday, September 14, 1999 3:12 PM
To:     vger.rutgers.edu!linux-newbie; vger.rutgers.edu!linux-admin;
vger.rutgers.edu!linux-net
Subject:        X keybinding - 2 is now ^H

I have a curious situation. The '2' key acts as a backspace ^H when
logging in with Xwin32 and xdmcp. The bnding is correct with telent or
console/X logins.

showkey -a gives

^H 8 0010 0x08

for ctrl-h, backspace and the 2 key. I'm not entirely sure where this is
set. I tried snooping around setkeycodes but couldn't get to the bottom of
it. Obviously, I'd like to restore my '2'.

martin

-------------------------------
 Love has gone a-rocketing.
 That is not the worst;