I found my own answers. Spent a lot of time on sendmail today.
I got sendmail going by trial/error with:
  sendmail -q -bs -v
 Quite interesting to see computers around the world negotiating
  and agreeing, complaining too. Dont see that under Windoze.

I can see the mail in sendmail queue with:
  sendmail -bp    or with  mailq -v

Found that sendmail sends email-messages of its own, like
 'message delayed', to my system. Interesting
 I used MUTT as MUA.

Thanks albi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for trying to help.

At 12:06 AM 9/29/99 +0800, Herman Aa wrote:
>Dont know how to proceed.
>Recipient names are specified in the messages.
>Do I have to specify them somewhere else?
>
>sendmail is running all the time. Setup by 'install'
>To get it to do something I just type (as user n0jn):
> sendmail
> (after contact with server has been established with pppd)
>
>The answer is:
>
>n0jn... Recipient names must be specified
>
>   (answer is same, regardless if link with server is
>     open or not)
>
>There is mail in sendmail, I asked:
> sendmail -bp
>  and I get this answer:
>
>               Mail Queue (9 requests)
>--Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
>XAA00259      201 Tue Sep 28 23:03 root
>                 (host map: lookup (amsat.org): deferred)
>                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>XAA00265      124 Tue Sep 28 23:06 root
>                 (host map: lookup (hotmail.com): deferred)
>                                  Dale Law <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>---Herman Aalderink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

---Herman Aa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>