I would boot the kernel off a floppy and re-install lilo.
just get a boot floppy from any ftp site with Mandrake or Redhat
and at the prompt type in linux=/dev/hda1 or wherever the kernel is.

then run /sbin/lilo again.
there is probably something messed up in your MBR and this should
re-write the MBR
It works on your other system because the MBR is half on the HD and half
on the board, so it sounds like the half on the board where it does not
boot is not there or not correct in its settings.

-BB