Hello :o)

 Ok, I have myself what you call a problem, in the way linux is setup on my
machine.
 Currently, I have the partitions for Linux as follows.

 /  100MB
 swap 100MB
 /var 200MB
 /ftp 200MB
/usr 8GB

 Now, when I installed Slackware 4, my intentions were to have the following:

 * Have /home symlinked to /usr/home/ and have all users work from
/usr/home/userX

 * Have /ftp setup so people could download/upload files to  my computer,
without being able to access anything else.

 * Have port connections limited to prevent any problems with attacks, DoS
etc.

 Now, the first 2 parts, the symlink and the /ftp setup are my current
problem. Slackware has created /home/ftp with all sub-dirs, in I assume the /
partition.

 /ftp has been created with the /lost+found sub-dir, and /home/ftp has been
created with...

 /home/ftp/bin/ls*
 /home/ftp/etc/group*
 /home/ftp/etc/passwd*
 /home/ftp/lib
 /home/ftp/incoming
 /home/ftp/lib
 /home/ftp/pub
 /home/ftp/usr/bin

 What I need to know, is how to put all of the /home/ftp sub-dirs, and
symlinks into /ftp.
 Do I just 'mkdir' all those sub-dirs under /ftp, alongside /lost+found ?

 How do I create the symlinks for 'ls', and do I need to keep the symlinks for
'group' and 'passwd' (who would use those, and why) ?

 After I move all  the sub-dirs and files from /home, can I 'rmdir /home' and
symlink /home to /usr/home ? What sub-dirs for /usr/home would have to be
created ?
 I noticed Slackware has a lot under /usr/local. What is that dir there for, and
can I get rid of that, and place everything into /usr/home (including needed
sub-dirs ) ?

 At this point, it's easier for me to configure my windows partitions how I
want them, than setting up Slackware 4. It would be helpful if the installation
asked me where I wanted the user's home directory, but it doesn't :o\
 Such things would ease the setup I feel...

  If you can help with any or all of the above, can you please respond
privately, so as not to flood the list :o)

 Cheers :o)

 Ard Righ
 S' Rioghal Mo Dhream!