Hello !

I am new to Linux but nevertheless very ambitious . So
I undertook the task of compiling my kernel
(2.2.5-15). I have a RedHat 6 installed as-it-is and I
think I configured my kernel ok . I ran :
  make mrproper
  make xconfig
  make dep
  make zImage
 .... (I copied the zImage ... and so on)

But the new kernel though it's smaller (~480k) it
hangs after saying :

  'Finding module dependencies ......'      (hang)

I read Linus's README and it says inside thet I need
(among other things) libc 5.46  (or something) and I
saw the libc Redhat installs is only 5.35 (anyway in
place of the 46 is a 35) . Does that have anything to
do with it ?

regards,
Mihai Sticlaru

=====