On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, LordX wrote:
>My computer has a NE-2K pci card already. Now I want to add my second
>net card, ( a NE compatible ISA card) to the system.
>So I change the conf.modules properly, but when the system is booting up
>
>at the network part, it give errors as:
>eth1 delaying initialization.
>And I could not use my eth1 later.
>It is quite strange to me. Coz I have successfully implement the same
>thing
>using the same method under my previous installation of RH6.0. But this
>time
>it failed in the RH6.1.
>So what is the difference between RH6.0 and RH6.1 regarding this?
>I guess maybe it is becuase of the hardware auto detection function
>implemented in RH6.1. So I disabled kudzu service, but the error
>continues.

Well i cannot comment on 6.1, however i have 2 cards in 6.0, eth0
gets defined in /etc/sysconfig/network and
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts ifc-eth0, the first card is a ne 2000
which is defined in /etc/conf.modules as;
alias eth0 ne
options ne io=0x300

eth1 i defined as;
alias eth1 3c59x  which is a (pci)

to initialise eth1 i do that in /etc/rc.d/rc.local with;
ifconfig eth1 up
Then i use dhclient to get my ip address from my provider.

I suggest you check that your conf.modules does not cause a irq
conflict, (yes you said it worked in 6.0, however do we know how 6.1
differs (no), at least i dont, also i would check the system logs
boot.log and dmesg for any hints as to what is happening.

You could also try excluding both cards from being initisalised at
boot time and use ifconfig eth0 up and see what happens, then the
same for eth1, that _might_ give some errors readable on the screen.

This of course may not be what you want to hear, but that is what i
would do to hunt down problems with new software, you could also check
documents about changes from 6.0 and 6.1.

I hope someone else who has 6.1 might be of more help.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]