The following error shows up on the console every once and a while (not
necesarily linked with any system action that I can discern--but happens
when I run linuxconf), it also logs to var/log/messages

hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
hda: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide0: reset: success
This is on Redhat 6.1, 2.2.12, intel etherexpress pro/100+ management
adapter, p2-400, 128mb ram, w/ 1 6gb seagate ide hdd (udma33) on an intel
se-440bx mb.

linux-net mailing list had a simliar question to which there was just one
reply: "you have a bad hard drive."  I find that hard to believe because:
On the same machine, 2.0.x kernels don't display such behavior, and I've
gotten this message with about a half-dozen redhat boxes (6.x).

This subject may have been broached before, but http://vger.rutgers.edu
doesn't have an archive for it's mail, so where is the list archive?

Also, what is a way to cat all files recursively?  I've forgotten, look at
the sillies things I'm trying:

$ cat `ls -R`   (doesn't work because ls puts a ":" on the end of the file
name)
$ cat -R                (bad switch)
$ ls -R | cat   (just shows file names, not contents)

Thanks for the help guys,

Dan Browning
Network Administrator
Cyclone Computer Systems