LordX wrote:

> Thanks a lot for all those replied.
> I have tried nohup before:
> in bash, I input
> nohup ./program -option &
> and it seems ok when I use "ps -a" and find it is runing happily there.
> Then I logout.
> But when I login to the system again, and use "ps -a" there, I could not
> find the program. What have I done wrong?
> Thanks a lot.
<SNIP>
Funny! It works OK for me. Are you sure that the process is able to
create the nohup.out file? I wrote a tiny shellscript like:

# filename: procesito
#!/bin/sh
while true
do
  ls -l
done

As userxx (owner of the script and current directory) typed the
following:

$ nohup procesito &

and then logged-out. Loggin-in again and ps -a showed me procesito
running and nohup.out increasing in size.

BTW, "procesito" stands for little process in Spanish.
Regards,

Francisco
--
       Francisco Neira B.