* Robert Haehnel ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> No, I don't  want to watch TV. I have several animated Gifs that I have
> created. I would like to convert them to .avi for my windoze colleagues (you
> can't put .gifs in Powerpoint). I have not found a way to convert from .gif
> to .avi, but If I could run the .gif on screen, and capture it to a .avi
> file, that would work (I hope).

I think you should look at convert. Part of the ImageMagick package,
I think it will happily  convert gifs directly to avis. If you have it
installed, man convert will tell you more.

Running a gif on screen, then trying to capture the image on screen as
an avi would be an absolute nightmare ;) AFAIK it would not be
possible this way.

Tom.
--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |