On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Herman Aa wrote:

> This .rpm (on my CDROM) does not install. Has an error apparently.
>
>       sendmail-doc-8.8.7-12.i386.rpm
>
> Is there any other way to get the thing decoded?
>  I just need the docs ......

Not much use, but I think an RPM consists of a gzipped CPIO archive with a
small(ish) header.  Now, if the header is corrupt, RPM will not read the
file, but you may be able to get the cpio out (using rpm2cpio, or failing
that, using dd (provided you can find where the data starts...)).  If the
cpio is corrupt then it will be hard to get any data at all back because
gzipped data is very difficult to "fix" once it is corrupted.

--
Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The gods gave man fire and he invented fire engines.  They gave him
love and he invented marriage.