I dont see answers to your question ....
So here's my 2 cents' worth ....

(talking about IDE drives). There is more than 1 answer to your
 question. The actual CHS is one. Usually there are several
 'translated' CHS geometries.
On my 8.5 GB SeaGate harddisk I found all printed on the outside
 of the harddisk.
...... now, what you need this for .....?

At 12:08 PM 10/27/99 -0400, Prasanna Subash wrote:

>Sector size (bytes) 512
>Recording zones     12
>User cylinders      15,302
>Data heads          6 GMR
>Disks               3
>Areal density
>(max. GB/sq. inch)  3.74
>Recording density
>(max. KBPI)         233.8
>Track density (TPI) 16,000
>

>What is my CHS ? I have an IBM DJNA-351520.  I have a 15.2 GB huge hdd. I
>know my  C=15302 and my H=6. What is my S( Sectors per track ). I dont have
>this information. Is it possible to find it from the above info ?

S is Sectors per cylinder.... AFAIK Bioses expect 63 sectors/cylinder.
 So the harddisk manufacturers just state '63', regardless of actual.
 They 'adjust' heads and cylinders as needed, leave the S constant
 at 63.

Does your BIOS CMOS setup) have 'auto' perhaps?
 If you set it to auto, the BIOS will ask the harddisk. You only have
 to specify 'auto' in CMOS setup.
You can enter the CHS manually as well, usually.

>I got the information from the IBM website.
>http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/desk/familyspec/deskspec2.htm

Look for the website of your harddisk manufacturer. Usually you can
 get the complete specs there.
The drive was probably made for IBM by another manufacturer.

---Herman Aa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>