At 05:47 PM 11/11/99 -0500, Gerry Mullins wrote:
>A coupla questions:
>
>1.  I know I've seen this before, but how to I enable root to login from
>anywhere? If not on the console, it won't let root login (sure, sure, I can
>login as myself and su.)

Obligatory disclaimer: This is a BAD IDEA; it is a serious security weakness.

That said, you do it by editing the file /etc/securetty . "man securetty"
will give you the details, such as they are ... basically, you add some
entries for remote devices (ttyp0, ttyp1, etc.).

Palo Alto, CA                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]