On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 12:10:16PM -0800, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> But you want to transfer files, and that takes a little more ... you want to
> run ppp over the line. That's doable too, the same way you'd do it over a
 I have to disagree here. As you say below, PPP is a lot of work for
 a slow connection. I would say if you want to transfer a lot of stuff
 back and forth, get ethernet, but If there's not too much, don't even
 bother w/ppp. Minicom speaks kermit, xmodem, ymodem, and zmodem. So if
 there is not too much data going back and forth, I would just fire up
 minicom on both ends, and set one to recieve, and one to transmit.

that's just me though

greg
--
this is not here