This may be more related to "Boot Magic".  Here's the story:
1. Win98 came with new computer
2. Installed RH6.1 on second partition (works great)
3. Installed partition magic 5.0 (including boot magic).
4. I didn't like boot magic's graphical boot menu, so I re-loaded lilo.
5. Now, I can't boot win98 using lilo (or anything).

It says:

LILO:win98
Unexpected EOF
LILO:

#fdisk -l /dev/hda says:
/dev/hda1       etc.            Hidden Win95 FAT32
/dev/hda2       etc.            Extended
/dev/hda4       etc.            IBM Thinkpad hibernation
/dev/hda5 through hda8 are Linux partitions

It's a sonny vaio, not a IBM thinkpad, by the way.  My theory is that
BootMagic made the win98se partition "Hidden", and lilo now can't boot it.
(I guess PowerQuest is on a quest for power and wont let any other boot
managers boot their partitions).
So if anyone coudl help I'd appreciate it.

Dan Browning
Network Administrator
Cyclone Computer Systems