I have two hard drives, hda and hdd. I have a good
installation of Mandrake 6.1 on hdd, and a munged
installation of 6.0 on hda along with a vfat. LILO can
reach hda but not hdd. The linux partitions on hda can be
mounted on the new file system with no problem.

Is there a way I could copy the /boot contents onto one of
the hda partitions and rename mount points so that LILO
could boot? Would I need a /  partition also on hda or
could the same / work with two different but identical
/boot partitions (with only one of them self mounting,
depending on where the boot started? I have to use a floppy
now.

I assume there is a file for each boot version that defines
all the mount points in the root file system?? Can all the
other partitions occupy the same positions and function for
two different /boot locations?

If these questions betray some beginner's misconceptions,
please enlighten me. TIA

Rodney Myrvaagnes                   J36 Gjoa
Associate Editor           Electronic Products
My oyster knife is Y2K compliant