Sebastián Ferraro wrote:

<snip>
> I tell the CD player to read from /dev/loop0 instead of /dev/cdrom, but
> it does not work. It acts as if the media was ejected.
<snip>

The CD player software just sends commands to the cdrom saying "Play!"
or "Stop it!". If you do that to a loop device, it shrugs and doesn't
care because it does not know how to play audio CD's. It is in fact
quite a dumb device, only knowing commands like "Gimme' that sector
number x!" or "Write this stuff to that place!". (and even this is too
much for it, because it delegates these tasks to the filesystem that
contains the attached file).

Bottomline: You can't!

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://marc.mutz.com/Encryption-HOWTO/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)