To All,

** I'm trying to install redhat 6.1 on on an older '486
** without a cdrom. I've done this many times before
** with earlier versions of redhat up to 5.2 w/no probs.
**
** I'm using the bootnet.img and the install fails with
** "unable to mount filesystem" message when I try
** to mount the nfs volume /mnt/cdrom on the nfs host.
**
** Anyone else here experience this. I hate to buy a cdrom
** drive because even though they're cheap, this is a box
** at work and they are supposed to be paying me, not the
** other way around :-)

** Thanks

** JC

Upon further investigation in /var/log/messages I get the
following:

Jan 13 17:27:06  laptop mountd[792]: authenticated mount request from
otherhost.othernet:610 for /mnt/cdrom (/)
Jan 13 17:27:06  laptop mountd[792]: getfh failed: Operation not
permitted

Should I assume getfh is get file handle? And if so, why fail?

I've checked hosts.allow, hosts.deny, exports, and all appears up
to snuff and is set up like I always have in the past. I double-checked
the man pages anyway and everything looks kosher to me.

Does the above log message give anyone a clue?

Thanks again.

JC
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.