On Mon, 24 Jan 2000,  mrcoady wrote about,  Adobe Acrobat:
> I downloaded the Adobe Acrobat Reader and it came up as "download.cgi". If
> anyone has installed it successfully I would appreciate some info on how it's
> done.

I've had it installed for quite a while, i can remember where i got it or
what it was called, however i do remember it installed without any problems
at all and i did not even read the install instructions, it was too easy.

What might have happend is that you downloaded the archive with netscape,
netscape does naughty things with archives sometimes, renames them if you
tell it too, and sometimes will uncompress the file as well.

Check the ftp site where it came from and see which file you downloaded,
rename your received file to what ever it should be and then untar it in
say /usr/locl/src it possably will create a directory called ILINXR.install
you then go into that directory and type ./INSTALL the script will then do
the rest + ask you questions and tell you what it is doing.

Of course the inscrutions above may not concern the file you have, what i
could do for you is look at the site concerned and see which file i
downloaded, you would have to tell me which site you got it from as i cant
remember.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]