Hello Ray,

Thank you very much for your reply!

In a message dated 1/26/00 9:44:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> I didn't see any other responses to this. So even though I'm not a Red Hat
>  user, let me at least go over the basics.
>
>  The Web server you probably want to run is called Apache, and there should
>  be an RPM package for it. It will install apache -- the executable itself
>  (httpd), a default configuration, and probably  to
>  start it at boot time.

During installation of my Red Hat I checked box maked INSTALLING EVERYTHING so
I belive I installed all packages including Apache (httpd)?
How can know if an /etc/init.d script starts at boot time

>  You may need to edit the configuration scripts
>  (sccess.conf and srm.conf) to the setup prefer, but tjust for getting
>  started the defaults will probably serve.

May I prefer to leave them alone at this time?

 Just start httpd (as root) and see
>  if it starts successfully.

How should I start httpd (as root)?

>  Once httpd is running as a background process, it will respond to Web
>  connections made to your machine's IP address or, if your machine has a
>  hostname visible to the outside world, to its hostname.

How can I know my machine's IP address? Or if my machuine has a hostname

>  (If you don't get
>  the same IP address each time you dial up, connecting to it from the
outside
>  will be a problem.)

How can I get same IP address?

>  Locally, you can test this with a Web browser on your Linux host. This
might
>  be the text-based browser "lynx", the X-based one Nerscape, or something
>  else. With httpd running, connect to URL
>
>          http://localhost/
>
>  and you should see a default "home page" placeholder that gets installed
>  with Apache.

It says it Worked!
version 1.3.9

>  Until you have a full-time connection (one with a static IP address), you
>  won't have much luck connecting to your Web site from outside your LAN.

How can I get static IP and whats the difference between static and regular
IP?

>  For more background, go to URL http://www.apache.org/ . To my surpeise,
>  there isn't an Apache HowTo, but apache installs include Web-based
>  documentation that you can view through Netscape (or whatever) connecting
>  the host that is running apache.
>
>  At 07:46 PM 1/26/00 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  >I have installed Linux Red Hat 6.1 !
>  >Is anyone here who have Red hat Linux and running WEB-SERVER?
>  >Will you be so kind to explain me what is procedure of setting
>  >up WEB SERVER ? What should I do next after I connected to Internet
>  >via modem?

>  Ray Olszewski                                        -- Han Solo
>  Palo Alto, CA                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ray,thank you very much for modem and my current problems!
Almaz