On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Mack Allison wrote:

> I have just begun to learn Linux/UNIX, after using MS-DOS for YEARS!!  (I
> got tired of MS's pompous attitude, backed by shitty software, that couldn't
> be altered or repaired w/out going to jail!)
>
> When my made-by-MS OS grew to 500mb of disk space, and made inexcusably
> ineffective use of expensive hardware, I got tired of it...
> so I'm swithching to Linux...HELP....
>
> I'll be asking really stupid questions, so don't feel too bad about laughing
> at me.  I remember A:> quite well, but I have never in my life sat down to
> /.  In other words, I'm more clueless than I thought...I spent 4 hours
> getting a directory to pop up in a terminal screen...reminds me of my
> trash-80, circa 1982....huh?
>
> Thanks for the help I'm sure I'll get,
> Mack

I too had a CoCo 1982 but moved up to the CoCo III and OS-9 when it came
out.
Of course that has all dissapeared now but now use Linux RedHat V6.1 and
am very happy with it.
I also ran a BBS first on the CoCo III then an MM/1 now on Linux so if you
have questions just ask.  I am not an expert but can help with basic
stuff.
Warren

             * |     Warren Hrach, San Diego, CA 92107       | *
             * | [EMAIL PROTECTED] Linux & BBBS on an AMD K5 | *
             * |          BBS at (619}224-4878               | *