Several possibilities.

1. "So I connected it to the available port COM1(inside windows) I think."
If you are not sure, you want to check if it is on a different port. Try
both /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1 (the cua* devices are deprecated).

2. Try connecting to each of these devices with minicom (the easiest way is
to set the /dev/modem symlink, which minocom will default to using). See if
Entering "AT" generates the response "OK". See if you can get the modem to
display its configuration (probably AT&V, but check your manual).

3. If the modem is old enough, it may not have the same line speed (on its
serial-port side) as the serial port. Try (using setserial or stty) changing
the line speed.

4. I recall your prior post, and I recall mentioning in my response to it
that some Mac modems have settings that are a bit troublesome with Windows.
I fear I don't recall the details -- this is a proble I ran into about 6
years ago, not recently -- but you might take a look in your modem manual
and see if any defaults are mentioned as being different for the PC and Mac
versions. You may need to change a configuration.