On Thu, 03 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> hi,
>     i am having problem with the partition. i was having redhat linux 6.1
> (server) installed on my computer.now i made a partition of my
> hard - disk(4.3 GBytes) into dos(1.5Gb) and linux (2.6Gb).
>   this is what it looked in Disk - Druid :
>              /     hda1  200
>                    hda5  1500 dos
>             /home  hda6  600
>             /swap  hda7  127
>             /temp  hda8  100
>             /var   hda9  100
>             /usr   hda10 100 (growable)
> i then installed linux using custom .
> And since it was not having dos ,i booted from a bootable disk (of dos)
> ,formatted C drive and installed dos 6.22 on C through floppy.
> Then made changes in linuxconf for dos as
>          dos /dev/hda5 as another operating system and made it default
> OS .
> even after doing all this ,when the lilo tries to boot from dos (from C)
> ,it gives a invaled - drive error(Change the disk and then press to
> continue.....).
> linux  boot's up properly,if given the option at lilo.
> if booted from a: by a bootable,c: can be accessed,and it can be
> accessed from linux  by mounting dosc.
> may be there is something i must have missed.

Did you rerun lilo after all the changes.?
Does the dos partition have the bootable flag set.??

use fdisk with the p option to check, there should be a (*) asterisk shown in
the "Boot" field.

Futher more, the way you have setup your partitions is not going to work very
well either, 100M for /usr is too small, 100M for /tmp is far too large, but
why define /tmp anyway.? Really on an end user machine, (i am presuming that
fact) 600M for /home is also on the large side.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]