Well I broke down and bought a RH6 manual. Visual QUICKPRO guide by
Harold Davis.
It has a RH6.x CD with it to help justify the 30.00 bucks.
I was getting the impression that my machine vendor only installed the
kernal and a few bare necessities since nearly nothing was configured
nor could be configured for lack of many things.

At any rate I plugged it in and queried the whole disk. In order to
install the few items I selected GnoRPM told me I needed a lot more to
make them work, so I let it. Nine hundred and forty something rpms later
I had oodles and gobs of games, applications, editors and I don't know
what all. Nor do I know how to find them.
How does one find an app AND add it to a menu?
I don't believe it did a full install (changed the kernal). I did most
of this in X. (Enlightenment)
One problem the book doesn't explain is the printer. It has a step by
step on how to install one provided nothing goes wrong. I got as far as
control-panel > add a printer > RH print sys manager. It detected one
lp. When I tried it to print a test page it said
"ncpfs is not installed" nothing else.
Where do I find it and how do I install it?

I also followed the book to configure a modem through control-panel. I
set it at com2 since that's where I saw it linuxconf, I put the dns
numbers in and I selected ppp as the connection.  I never received any
errors ,but when I try to use mincom (through an X term) it displays
"initializing modem" then it puts me in the minicom terminal window but
the keyboard is locked out. I can use the mouse the kill the terminal
then everything is OK. I tried minicom from the prompt and it did the
same thing had to crtl-alt-del to get out. I'm don't know what you guys
might need to know. So I'm just telling it like I saw it.
The modem is in com 2, the mouse is in com 1, the printer is an HP 550C.

Sure glad you guys like to help
Arnie