On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, 1stFlight ! wrote:

> I'm currently running an AMD K6 400 and I'm about to change it out for a
> K6 2 500. Is there anything I need to do for Linux to make sure it works
> alright? Or will Linux pick it up and use it just fine?  Thanks

It should work out of the box. The only changes I know of that don't work
are:
  - changing the motherboard: the new one might have a different hard disk
    geometry mapping.
  - changing the CPU to an older one, and the kernel is compiled for the
    newer one.

Frank

> Darryl
>

> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-newbie" in
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.linux-learn.org/faqs

HI! I'm a .signature virus! cp me into your .signature file to help me spread!