Try "modprobe ppa" instead of "insmod ppa". According to modules.dep in my
kernel modules set (2.2.13), ppa depends on parport. If it isn't loaded,
insmod won't fix this for you, but modprobe will, since it checks for
dependencies.

If for some reason you can't use modprobe, then insmod parport first.

At 05:13 PM 2/27/00 -0500, jmarr wrote:
>  I am having a problem getting my iomega parallel  port zip drive
>functioning.  I am using Linux Mandrake 7.0 with kernel 2.2.14. Every time
>try to "insmod ppa" I receive the following:
>
>/lib/modules/2.2.14-15mdk/scsi/ppa.o: unresolved symbol
>parport_enumerate_Rbc6d420a
[rest deleted]