On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 09:28:01PM -0500, Liz Dunbar wrote:
> Bizarre things started happening while I was demonstrating shell scripts
> that I know work, including "out of virtual memory" and not consistently
> accepting logins so I went exploring and noticed that df now turns up
> hda3 /
> hda1 /dos
> hdb2 /mnt   [this is the recently added 20GB disk holding the website]
>
> and I'm pretty sure that before we installed the new disk and moved the
> website to it, df showed
> hda3 /
> hda2 something with the word swap in it
> hda1 /dos
>
> What happened to swap when hdb2 came on the scene? Did hdb2 replace hda2?
> (I'm assuming lack of swap could cause "out of virtual memory") What have I
> done and how do I fix it?
>
> We're pretty consistently well over our Committed Information Rate with our
> T1 provider, but we weren't using the T1 when the problems occured, were
> we? since everything's in the same room (including router and server.)

I wouldn't worry about it.  Doing df on my system doesn't show
my swap partition either, so unless *both* of us managed to do
the same odd thing there's nothing wrong.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"