> No not useless xf86config is the only program which has success when other
> programs fail

I agree with no reserve :)

> What i will say is, if it is a normal mousetype MicroSoft compatable,
> MouseSystems mouse or PS/2 then there should be no problem at all.
>
> Now you have not even told us if the mouse even orks in console mode.???

sorry to disagree, but my M$ Intellimouse was not detected when I
configured my box (neither under X nor console).

A friend of mine came, found it really incredible, and we tried the mode
auto in the XF86config file. and it worked fine 8-()

and by now I put again Intellimouse as mouse type and it's still
working.
any explanation? (just joking, it's working and I'm okay).

Charlie