On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

Niclas,

        Absolutely! Here is how :

        ...will do all the 'sed' manipulations in a single invocation. In
case you arent familiar with basic regular expressions, the '^' matches
the beginning of a line, and the '$' matches the end of a line. Thus,
'^\.$' will match a line consisting of nothing but a '.'.

        As far as getting unique records go, use the 'uniq' command. This
is also equivalent to 'sort -u'.

Regards,
Kenneth