On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> First thanks to:
>
> Richard Adams, Kenneth Stephen and Lawson for your reply, and making
> things bright to me.
>
> Next:
>
> I have the mentioned computer setup with 2 harddisks where the /hda is
> the win98 partition, and
> and the second harddisk is the SuSE linux one on /hdb.
>
> Now I want to remove the win98 harddisk and make the second harddisk the
> /hda.
>
> How can that be done ??

Use the program 'rdev'

For example;

Inatsll lilo on a floppy, just edit /etc/lilo.conf and change
boot = /dev/hdb
/dev/fd0

run lilo

Now do;

rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hda2

You dont say on which partition the root filesystem is, so i have used
/dev/hda2 as an example.
It all comes down to everything changes in respect of /dev/hdb to /dev/hda so
if the root dilesystem is located on hdb2 it will become hda2

Once you have changed the disks and rebooted from floppy edit /etc/lilo.conf
once again and change

boot = /dev/fdo
/dev/hda
Change all lilo entries from /dev/hdbx to /dev/hdax
rerun lilo

You will have to use rdev again this way, this time

rdev /boot/image_name /dev/hda2
remember all images will have to be told to boot from /dev/hdax

This is in my opinion one of the easiest ways there are other ways.

73's

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]