----- Original Message -----
From: Abdul Emandien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 5:12 AM
Subject: Beginner...

> Hi....
>
> I would like to know what programs are available for partitioning
> Hard-drives with Windows already installed on it...(without losing any
info
> on it )
>
> I would like to install Redhat 6.1 but can't seem to get past the
> re-partitioning part....

fips is a command line (DOS?) tool that will do it, you should be able to
find it on the CD-ROM if not you can grab it at ftp.cdrom.com or
freshmeat.net

There is also "Paration Magic" which is a commerical graphical parationing
tool, cost about 20-50 bucks, might want to see if there is a trail/demo or
shareware version you can download, if not you could buy it at any online
software store or best buy.

Make sure you backup EVERYTHING and make sure you back up is good, also use
at your own risk.

> The "NEXT" button does not light up when I use Linux's fdisk...

I heard Red Hat's Disk Druid was able to reparation a drive, but I have
never tried it or used RH, so you might want to read up on the manual or
their web site to see if this is true or not.

> Any ideas....
>
> also......is a 1 GB hard-drive big enough...????

Yea you can install Linux on under a Gig, you won't be able to have allot of
programs or data on the drive.  BTW Linux can read FAT32 parts (Windows
parts) so if you have data to share you don't have to make 2 copies, just
keep it on the windows part, and windows can see it, and when you boot into
linux you can mount the drive as FAT32 (don't store Linux programs or
libraries on the drive though) and access all your files that are on the
Windows part