Sharon Elix wrote:

> Hello List
>
> Unfortunately, no-one was able to help me with my compile error. I'm hoping
> this was because none of you knew the answer and not because it was a
> horrendously stupid question. Since I'm still in the dark as to what my error
> message means, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good mail list
> which deals with developing in Java on Linux. A list which is tolerant of
> fairly basic questions would be ideal as I'm very new to Java and still quite
> clueless with regards to Linux. I did check out the Borland site, but could
> only find some newsletters, although I might have missed something as their
> server has been very flaky of late.

What about http://www.inprise.com/newsgroups/
There are a lot, try one of those.

> I would like to persevere with JBuilder on my Red Hat 6.1 system, but it is a
> little frustrating when I see the ease with which my class mates have installed
> and are now running Microsoft J++ on their Windows systems (it being the
> recommended IDE).

I definately don't think you will have any better time using J++.  J++ uses a lot
of non standard Java classes and is not a priority to Microsoft, I doubt this is a
very good choice of Java IDE at all.  I can't believe any Java class would use J++
as the recommended IDE for Java.

Stick with JBuilder.

Michael