On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 11:29:03PM -0500, Karthik Vishwanath wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a maple available for Linux? Can anyone tell me where I can find
> it if it is please?
hmm... Yes, but it's not clear where to get it. They talk about it some
here:
http://www.maplesoft.com/sales/freetrialCD.html
http://www.maplesoft.com/products/Student/student.html
and say to mail them at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

or at dartmouth:
There's some pointers to the Windows & Mac versions here:
http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/software/
and the site is run by

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(love that blitzmail addressing scheme)

who has a big Debian GNU/Linux banner at the bottom of his page,
www.math.dartmount.edu/~trs/ so he might be able to help you.

Also, your school has windows and mac versions, you might look around
on the public samba shares to see if they have a linux one too. They are at
\\WILSON\Public Folders\
which is \\\\WILSON\\Public\ Folders\\ for smbmount w/bash.
or if your school has public NFS or AFS shares, I'd take a look there.
If you need a linux AFS client theres one at:
http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/arla/

have fun

greg
--