I just started having problems with kfm.  As root I type kfm >kfmoops
2>>kfmoops  and kfmoops is as follows:

Could not read '/tmp//kfm-cache-0/index.txt'

X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
  Major opcode:  12

Typing file core produces this output:
core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file of 'kfm' (signal 6), Intel 80386, version 1

man 7 signal tells me that signal 6 is SIGABRT     abort signal from abort (3),
but that still leaves me with the question of why kfm stopped working.  If I do
the same thing as a `regular' user, I get the same result except it doesn't
dump core (or maybe I just can't find it.)

 system here is Mandrake 6.1, kernel 2.2.13, KDE ?? (don't know where to look
yet)
Thanks
--
Matt