On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Greg Olszewski wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 03:26:36PM -0600, James Ng wrote:
> > anyone know where i can get programs to create pdf and postscript files?
> > THank you.
> >

> lots of things make postscript:
> netscape does html->ps
> a2ps does (many inputs)->ps
> http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/gnu/a2ps/a2ps-4.12.tar.gz

a2ps is a very useful tool...  Learn it and learn it well.

> these people make a txt->pdf converter written in perl.
> it costs $35
> http://www.pdfstore.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=216&pdfsproductid=1058
>
> these are tex->pdf you have to join some tex users group..
> http://www.tug.org/tex-live.html
>
> Jade is under a BSD license - it converts DSSSL(?) to pdf
> http://www.jclark.com/jade/
>
> this is a ps2pdf converter free for non-commercial use:
> http://www.this.net/~frank/pstill142b_linux_intel.tar.gz

Or, alternatively, you can use ps2pdf which on my copy of LinuxPPC was
part of the plain old ghostscript package.  (Though for some reason I'm
thinking that my copy of RedHat didn't have it until I installed some
PostScript utilites package.  Look for ps2pdf on Freshmeat.)

JFK