A modem needs its own IRQ. Since ttyS0 and ttyS2 share IRQ 4, and ttyS1 and
ttyS3 share IRQ 3 (same as the corresponding COM* devices on DOS/Windows),
the first thing is to make sure that the other device on the same IRQ is
free. For example, don't try to run your mouse on ttyS0 and your modem on ttyS2.

Aside from that caution, all you should need to do is substitute /dev/ttyS3
in any places where the instructions say to use some other /dev/ttyS*. If
you try this and have problems, please write back to the list, describing
them in sufficient detail that we can offer intelligent comments.

BTW, to make sure that the modem is on ttyS3, you can do a probe with
"setserial". Run "setserial /dec/ttyS3" and see if the result includes a
UART type. This will confirm that some serial device is actually on the port
(if setserial can't find one, it will return a message that says "UART type
unknown" or something similar to that).