On 18 Mar 2000, at 21:19, Tommy Rausberg wrote:

> Hi there, if you get no replies, please mail me and I'll try to help
> with Staroffice and gcc. Qmail is a stranger to me, though.
>
> Connectiva Linux is a strangfer to me, is there a reason for choosing
> this particular distribution, RedHat is delivering 6.1 nowadays, thats
> what I am running, and know best...

Conectiva was the only distro I could find for $6...

I installed StarOffice as root, and it runs perfectly. I don't like to
have to start the "menu" that offers links to all the modules, rather
than being able to start the individual modules separately. Is there
a way?

But when I'm running as jeremias, I can't start SO. I copied all the
kdelnk and mimelnk files from the /root folder to the
/home/jeremias folder, and now I have StarOffice in jeremias's KDE
menu. But I can't start it. I tried issuing in an xterm the command
used to start SO in the kdelnk file, but nothing happens. It starts
and dies in a second or two, with no error messages.

What can I do about the c++ compiler and the libs? Where can I
get more info? Is there a HOWTO available?

Thanks,

--
Jeremías Galletti
[EMAIL PROTECTED]