hello,

I have a question concerning the modules.
I've been using 2.2.14 w/o modules support and each time during
the startup I see a message (don't rember it exactly): "You
definetly do not want to use kerneld with kernel > something, read
Doc about kmod.txt".
Yesterday I tried to recompile kernel for using with modules with
support of kmod. During boot up I saw terribly lots of messages
about loading kerneld.

And one more thing: I have /etc/conf.modules file filled
automaticaly (I guess) during the installation of SuSE 6.2.
It's rather big and refers mostly to the modules of the old kernel.
Can I just remove everything and write aliases to the new modules,
or there're some vital lines, which should be left as well.

Probably, the messages mentioned in the beginning have something
to do with this old configuration?
Do I need to indicate somewhere directly to use kmod instead
of kerneld?

Sorry, but I have absolutely no experience with modules :-o)

Best regards,
Alexander Agibalov.