Brent, I can't help w/ the network config, but I can tell you that the reason there is
Linux directory under /user/src, is because the source code was never installed.  If
you didn't get a Source CD w/ your distro, you will have to download it, and install
is to that directory.

Allen Linkenhoker
--

On Sun, 04 Jun 2000 18:58:27
 Brent Turan wrote:
>Friends,
>
>I have been working on this for quite a while now and I am about to get so
>frustrated. What I am trying to do may be easy for you but it is enough to
>drive me crazy.
>
>I have been trying to set my linux box to be a masquerade server. I tried to
>read the doc (howto's and other stuff) on the internet and set it accordingly
>but it seems not to work...
>
>I have a Pentium 166 IBM computer. Configured for PPP and LAN. My server's
>ip number is 192.168.1.10 and the other two win98 workstations that I have
>are .1 and .2. I can ping them, they can ping me. I can make a PPP connection
>to my ISP and I can ping my dynamic IP address from the workstations. However,
>I cannot browse or ping anyone else on these two workstations.
>
>I am a newbie, so I dont know much about how to compile the kernel.
>I am assuming the version of Redhat (6.2 Standart) has already compiled with
>IP Masq modules. Thats question number one. Second is, no matter how many times
>I edit this ip_forward file (or something similar) to be 1 it defaults to 0
>everytime it boots up. Third question is, how to set DNS? am I even supposed to
>set it? WHich name server workstations are going to be looking at? Linux or
>ISP? Fourth and the last question is how can I found out if I need to compile
>my kernel (version 2.2.14-5) I go to /usr/src/ there is no linux directory there
>like they say in the docs. Am I supposed to create it?
>
>If anyone had the same problem or know the answers to these questions, it would
>help a bunch.....
>
>Bulent
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-newbie" in
>the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Please read the FAQ at http://www.linux-learn.org/faqs

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct