Hi experts,

        This question is probably laughable for most of you....but...
hey.... if I don't ask I'll never learn anything.  I'm running a linux
mandrake distro... the documentation say's it's based on Red Hat, does
this mean that it is Red Hat?  Anyway, when I was setting up Samba, the
instruction give specific examples for BSD based and sysV based systems.
How do I know which my system is based on???  Is there any documentation
anywhere that highlights the differences between the various
incarnations??

        Thanks

        Artie