Hello, and greetings from England.

I am brand new to Linux (i.e. this week), but, I am an experienced user of
another well know company's (soon to be 2 companies?) graphical OS.

I have installed Red Hat 6 on a separate machine, which automatically boots
into KDE.  During the installation, I declined to install GNOME.  I have
tried to install it since, by typing "rpm -Uvh gnome*" in the appropriate
folder, but I get a list of dependencies, similar to "someprogram requires
gnome-core..." etc.

Is there an easy way to install it?

Thanks in advance

Neil