[quoted lines by Antony Stace on June 16, 2000, at 08:48]

>How can I convert a unix man page to plain text?

The proper way to do it is via a short script like the following:

    #!/bin/sh
    man "$@" | ul -t dumb | expand | uniq

Some people might suggest using "col -b" instead of "ul -t dumb", but that
sometimes causes the loss of trailing hyphens.

--
Dave Mielke           | 856 Grenon Avenue | I believe that the Bible is the
EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Canada  K2B 6G3   | if you're concerned about Hell.