> What else can I do and what other programs are there to set up modems?
> Even if you cannot help me, please, give me the documentations where I
> can possibly find the answers.

Modemtool is a good graphical tool to setup a modem. You need to set your
bios to non plug and play operating system installed, check to see if your
modem is still on com 3 in windoze and just set it the dos settings to find
modemtool. type modemtool  at the command line. This will make a link in
/dev/modem to your modem.

I would advise you to check http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html and
see if your modem is listed as a winmodem, ( Link was posted earlier by
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ) as winmodems do not work with Linux.

A further good tool KPPP that comes with KDE makes setting up of all of your
Internet connection very easy in a graphical way and also contains a
modemtool  and password utility stuff to make the connection process easy.

I think the non GUI way of making this symbolic link is
ln -s /dev/ttys2 /dev/modem  ( with ttys2 as your com 3)
and is definitely worth a try

Lots of Love Jill